Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) For each meeting, the NTSB shall make public announcement, at least one week before the meeting, of the:
(1) Time of the meeting;
(2) Place of the meeting;
(3) Subject matter of the meeting;
(4) Whether the meeting is to be open or closed; and
(5) The name and business telephone number of the official designated by the NTSB to respond to requests for information about the meeting.
(b) The one week advance notice required by paragraph (a) of this section may be reduced only if:
(1) A majority of all Members determines by recorded vote that NTSB business requires that such meeting be scheduled in less than seven days; and
(2) The public announcement required by paragraph (a) of this section is made at the earliest practicable time.
(c) Immediately following each public announcement required by this section, or by § 804.8, the NTSB shall submit a notice of public announcement for publication in the Federal Register.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 49. Transportation § 49.804.7 Procedures for public announcement of meetings - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-49-transportation/cfr-sect-49-804-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?