Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Board delegates to the Managing Director the authority to:
(1) Make the final determination, on appeal, as to whether to withhold a Board record from inspection or copying, pursuant to Part 801 of this chapter.
(2) Approve for publication in the Federal Register notices concerning issuance of accident reports and safety recommendations and responses to safety recommendations, as required by 49 U.S.C. 1131(e), 1135(c).
(b) The Chairman delegates to the Managing Director the authority to exercise and carry out, subject to the direction and supervision of the Chairman, the following functions vested in the Chairman:
(1) The appointment and supervision of personnel employed by the Board;
(2) The distribution of business among such personnel and among organizational components of the Board; and
(3) The use and expenditure of funds.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 49. Transportation § 49.800.22 Delegation to the Managing Director - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-49-transportation/cfr-sect-49-800-22/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?