Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) If a state process provides a state process recommendation to the Department through its single point of contact, the Secretary either:
(1) Accepts the recommendation;
(2) Reaches a mutually agreeable solution with the state process; or
(3) Provides the single point of contact with a written explanation of the decision, in such form as the Secretary in his or her discretion deems appropriate. The Secretary may also supplement the written explanation by providing the explanation to the single point of contact by telephone, other telecommunication, or other means.
(b) In any explanation under paragraph (a)(3) of this section, the Secretary informs the single point of contact that:
(1) The Department will not implement its decision for at least ten days after the single point of contact receives the explanation; or
(2) The Secretary has reviewed the decision and determined that, because of unusual circumstances, the waiting period of at least ten days is not feasible.
(c) For purposes of computing the waiting period under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a single point of contact is presumed to have received written notification 5 days after the date of mailing of such notification.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 49. Transportation § 49.17.10 How does the Secretary make efforts to accommodate intergovernmental concerns? - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-49-transportation/cfr-sect-49-17-10/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?