Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Unless prohibited or otherwise restricted by agency procedures, contracting officers may authorize facsimile bids (see 14.201–6(v)). In determining whether or not to authorize facsimile bids, the contracting officer shall consider factors such as—
(1) Anticipated bid size and volume;
(2) Urgency of the requirement;
(3) Frequency of price changes;
(4) Availability, reliability, speed, and capacity of the receiving facsimile equipment; and
(5) Adequacy of administrative procedures and controls for receiving, identifying, recording, and safeguarding facsimile bids, and ensuring their timely delivery to the bids opening location.
(b) If facsimile bids are authorized, contracting officers may, after the date set for bid opening, request the apparently successful offeror to provide the complete original signed bid.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 48. Federal Acquisition Regulations System 48.14.202-7 Facsimile bids - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-48-federal-acquisition-regulations-system/cfr-48-14-202-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?