Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Each hook body of a release mechanism must be marked with a plate or label permanently affixed in a conspicuous place readily accessible for inspection and sufficiently durable to withstand continuous exposure to environmental conditions at sea for the life of the release mechanism.
(b) The plate or label must be in English, but may also be in other languages.
(c) The plate or label must contain the—
(1) Manufacturer's name and model identification;
(2) Name of the independent laboratory that witnessed the prototype or production tests;
(3) Serial number of the release mechanism;
(4) U.S. Coast Guard approval number;
(5) Month and year of manufacture;
(6) Safe working load of the release mechanism; and
(7) Word “SOLAS.”
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 46. Shipping § 46.160.133–17 Marking and labeling - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-46-shipping/cfr-sect-46-160-133-17/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.