Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Before he may begin making connections for cargo transfer, the person in charge of cargo transfer shall confer with the person supervising the cargo transfer at the facility.
(b) The person in charge of cargo transfer shall discuss the important aspects of the transfer operation, such as the following, with the supervisor at the facility:
(1) The products to be transferred.
(2) The cargo loading rates marked on the cargo piping plan or the maximum safe transfer rates.
(3) The critical or hazardous stages of the transfer operation.
(4) The emergency procedures in case of a spill.
(5) If the vessel is equipped with the tank overflow alarm prescribed in § 153.408(c), a procedure for shutdown of shore pumps, shore valves, and ship's valves that prevents piping system pressures from exceeding those for which the piping system is designed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 46. Shipping § 46.153.968 Cargo transfer conference - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-46-shipping/cfr-sect-46-153-968/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.