Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. The following persons have a privilege over the property described in R.S. 9:4863 to secure the following obligations incurred in operations:
(1) A contractor for the price of his contract for operations.
(2) A contractor for the price of his contract for providing services or facilities to persons performing labor or services on a well site located in the waters of the state.
(3) A laborer or employee of an operator or contractor, for the price of his labor performed at the well site.
(4) A person who performs trucking, towing, barging, or other transportation services for an operator or contractor, for the price of transporting movables to the well site.
(5) A person who transports, to or from a well site located in the waters of the state, persons who are employed in rendering labor or services on the well site, for the price of transporting those persons.
(6) A seller for the price of a movable sold to an operator or contractor that is:
(a) Incorporated in a well or in a facility located on the well site.
(b) Consumed in operations.
(c) Consumed at the well site by a person performing labor or services on a well site located in the waters of the state.
(7) A lessor for the rent of a movable leased to an operator or contractor used in operations and that accrues while the movable is located on the well site.
B. The privilege created by this Part is accessory to and secures only the following:
(1) The amount of the obligation described in Subsection A of this Section.
(2) Interest due on the amount of the obligation.
(3) The cost of preparing and filing the statement of privilege and notice of pendency of action authorized by this Part.
(4) The amount of reasonable attorney fees not to exceed ten percent if an attorney is employed to enforce obligations.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 45. Public Welfare § 45.1150.23 How will the Endowment coordinate salary offsets with other agencies? - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-45-public-welfare/cfr-sect-45-1150-23/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.