(1) If an opt-in source provided monthly data under § 74.20, the opt-in source's opt-in permit may become effective at the beginning of a calendar
quarter as of January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1.
(2) If an opt-in source provided annual data under § 74.20, the opt-in source's opt-in permit must become effective on January 1.
(b) Prorating by Calendar Quarter. Where a combustion source's opt-in permit becomes effective on April 1, July 1,
or October 1 of a given year, the Administrator will prorate the allowance allocation
for that first year by the calendar quarters remaining in the year as follows:
Allowances for the first year
(1) For combustion sources that commenced operations before January 1, 1985,
(2) For combustion sources that commenced operations after January 1, 1985,
(3) Under paragraphs (b) (1) and (2) of this section,
(i) “Remaining calendar quarters” shall be the calendar quarters in the first year for
which the opt-in permit will be effective.
(ii) Fuel consumption for remaining calendar quarters =
where unit conversion
=2 for coal
=0.001 for oil
=1 for gas
For other fuels, the combustion source must specify unit conversion;
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.