Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Chemical substance and significant new uses subject to reporting.
(1) The chemical substances identified generically as fluoroalkyl acrylate copolymer modified with polysiloxanes (PMNs P–13–646 and P–13–648) are subject to reporting under this section for the significant new uses described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section.
(2) The significant new uses are:
(i) Hazard communication program. A significant new use of the substances is any manner or method of manufacture or processing associated with any use of the substances without providing risk notification as follows:
(A) If as a result of the test data required under the TSCA section 5(e) consent order for the substances, the employer becomes aware that the substances may present a risk of injury to human health or the environment, the employer must incorporate this new information, and any information on methods for protecting against such risk, into a MSDS as described in § 721.72(c) within 90 days from the time the employer becomes aware of the new information. If the substance(s) are not being manufactured, processed, or used in the employer's workplace, the employer must add the new information to a MSDS before the substance(s) are reintroduced into the workplace.
(B) The employer must ensure that persons who will receive the PMN substance(s) from the employer, or who have received the PMN substance(s) from the employer within 5 years from the date the employer becomes aware of the new information described in paragraph (a)(2)(i)(A) of this section, are provided an MSDS containing the information required under paragraph (a)(2)(i)(A) of this section within 90 days from the time the employer becomes aware of the new information.
(ii) Industrial, commercial, and consumer activities. Requirements as specified in § 721.80(k) (a significant new use is any use other than as allowed by the section 5(e) consent order, which includes analysis and reporting and limitations of maximum impurity levels of certain fluorinated impurities), and § 721.80(q).
(b) Specific requirements. The provisions of subpart A of this part apply to this section except as modified by this paragraph.
(1) Recordkeeping. Recordkeeping requirements as specified in § 721.125(a), (b), (c), (f), and (i) are applicable to manufacturers and processors of these substances.
(2) Limitations or revocation of certain notification requirements. The provisions of § 721.185 apply to this section.
(3) Determining whether a specific use is subject to this section. The provisions of § 721.1725(b)(1) apply to paragraph (a)(2)(ii) of this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 40. Protection of Environment § 40.721.10816 Fluoroalkyl acrylate copolymer modified with polysiloxanes (generic) - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-40-protection-of-environment/cfr-sect-40-721-10816/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.