Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Secretary of Veterans Affairs may not approve an enrollment by a reservist in, and a State approving agency may not approve for training under 10 U.S.C. chapter 1606 (or 10 U.S.C. chapter 106 as in effect before December 1, 1994):
(1) A bartending or personality development course;
(2) A course offered by radio;
(3) Except for enrollments in a nurse's aide course approved pursuant to § 21.4253(a)(5), an institutional course for the objective of nurse's aide or a nonaccredited nursing course which does not meet the licensing requirements in the State where the course is offered; or
(4) Effective October 29, 1992, a nonaccredited course or unit subject offered entirely or partly by independent study. However, see §§ 21.7620(c) and 21.7622(f) concerning payment of educational assistance to reservists enrolled in such a course.
(Authority: 10 U.S.C. 16131(c)(1), 16136(b); 38 U.S.C. 3452)
(b) A State approving agency (or VA when acting as a State approving agency) may approve the following courses for training under 10 U.S.C. chapter 1606 (or 10 U.S.C. chapter 106 as in effect before December 1, 1994), but VA may not approve an enrollment in any of these courses by a reservist who is limited in the types of courses he or she may pursue, as provided in § 21.7540(b)(2) and (b)(3):
(1) A correspondence course;
(2) A cooperative course;
(3) An apprenticeship or other on-job training program;
(4) A nursing course offered by an autonomous school of nursing;
(5) A medical or dental specialty course not offered by an institution of higher learning;
(6) A refresher, remedial, or deficiency course; or
(7) A course or combination of courses consisting solely of independent study.
(Authority: 10 U.S.C. 2131(c), 2136(b), 16131(c)(1), 16136(b); 38 U.S.C. 3670 through 3676; sec. 705(a)(1), Pub.L. 98–525, 98 Stat. 2565, 2567; sec. 642, Pub.L. 101–189, 103 Stat. 1456–1458)
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 38. Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief § 38.21.7722 Courses and enrollments which may not be approved - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-38-pensions-bonuses-and-veterans-relief/cfr-sect-38-21-7722/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.