Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Fishing. Unless otherwise designated, fishing in a manner authorized under applicable State law is allowed.
(1) The following lakes and trails within Voyageurs National Park are open to snowmobile use:
(i) The frozen waters of Rainy, Kabetogama, Namakan, Mukooda, Little Trout and Sand Point Lakes.
(ii) The Moose River Railroad Grade from the park boundary north to Ash River, and then east to Moose Bay, Namakan Lake.
(iii) The portage trail between Grassy Bay and Little Trout Lake.
(iv) The Chain of Lakes Trail from its intersection with the Black Bay to Moose Bay portage, across Locator, War Club, Quill, Loiten, and Shoepack Lakes, to Kabetogama Lake.
(2) Snowmobile use is allowed across the following marked safety portages: Black Bay to Moose Bay, Lost Bay to Saginaw Bay, Laurins Bay to Kettle Falls, Squirrel Narrows, Squaw Narrows, Grassy Bay, Namakan Narrows, Swansons Bay, Mukooda Lake to Sand Point Lake (north), Mukooda Lake to Sand Point Lake (south), Mukooda Lake to Crane Lake, Tar Point, Kohler Bay, and Sullivan Bay to Kabetogama Lake.
(3) The Superintendent may determine yearly opening and closing dates for snowmobile use, and temporarily close trails or lake surfaces, taking into consideration public safety, wildlife management, weather, and park management objectives.
(4) Maps showing the designated routes are available at park headquarters and at ranger stations.
(5) Snowmobile use outside open designated routes and lake surfaces is prohibited.
(1) Aircraft may be operated on the entire water surface and frozen lake surface of the following lakes, except as restricted in paragraph (c)(4) of this section and § 2.17 of this chapter: Rainy, Kabetogama, Namakan, Sand Point, Locator, War Club, Quill, Loiten, Shoepack, Little Trout and Mukooda.
(2) Approaches, landings and take-offs shall not be made within 500 feet of any developed facility, boat dock, float, pier, ramp or beach.
(3) Aircraft may taxi to and from a dock or ramp designated for their use for the purpose of mooring and must be operated with due care and regard for persons and property and in accordance with any posted signs or waterway markers.
(4) Areas within the designated lakes may be closed to aircraft use by the Superintendent taking into consideration public safety, wildlife management, weather and park management objectives.
(a) Whenever any person is sentenced to death, the clerk of the court in which the sentence is pronounced shall, not later than the 10th day after the court enters its order setting the date for execution, issue a warrant under the seal of the court for the execution of the sentence of death, which shall recite the fact of conviction, setting forth specifically the offense, the judgment of the court, and the time fixed for the execution, and which shall be directed to the director of the correctional institutions division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice at Huntsville, Texas, commanding the director to proceed, at the time and place named in the order of execution, to carry the same into execution, as provided in Article 43.14, and shall deliver such warrant to the sheriff of the county in which such judgment of conviction was had, to be delivered by the sheriff to the director, together with the condemned person if the person has not previously been so delivered.
(b) At the time the warrant is issued under Subsection (a), the clerk of the court shall send a copy of the warrant to:
(1) the attorney who represented the condemned person in the most recently concluded stage of a state or federal postconviction proceeding;
(2) the attorney representing the state; and
(3) the office of capital writs established under Subchapter B, Chapter 78, Government Code. 1
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 36. Parks, Forests, and Public Property § 36.7.33 Voyageurs National Park - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-36-parks-forests-and-public-property/cfr-sect-36-7-33/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?