Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Reimbursement of indirect costs is subject to the availability of funds and statutory or administrative restrictions.
(b) The application of the rates and the determination of the direct cost base by a grantee must be in accordance with the indirect cost rate agreement approved by the grantee's cognizant agency.
(c) Indirect cost reimbursement is not allowable under grants for—
(1) Fellowships and similar awards if Federal financing is exclusively in the form of fixed amounts such as scholarships, stipend allowances, or the tuition and fees of an institution;
(2) Construction grants;
(3) Grants to individuals;
(4) Grants to organizations located outside the territorial limits of the United States;
(5) Grants to Federal organizations; and
(6) Grants made exclusively to support conferences.
(d) Indirect cost reimbursement on grants received under programs with statutory restrictions or other limitations on indirect costs must be made in accordance with the restrictions in 34 CFR 76.564 through 76.569.
(e)(1) Indirect costs for a group of eligible parties (See §§ 75.127 through 75.129) are limited to the amount derived by applying the rate of the applicant, or a restricted rate when applicable, to the direct cost base for the grant in keeping with the terms of the applicant's federally recognized indirect cost rate agreement.
(2) If a group of eligible parties applies for a training grant under the group application procedures in §§ 75.127 through 75.129, the grant funds allocated among the members of the group are not considered sub-awards for the purposes of applying the indirect cost rate in § 75.562(c).
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1221e–3 and 3474)
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 34. Education § 34.75.564 Reimbursement of indirect costs - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-34-education/cfr-sect-34-75-564/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.