Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General. To be eligible to participate in a HEP or a CAMP project—
(1) A person, or his or her immediate family member, must have spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker; or
(2) The person must have participated (with respect to HEP within the last 24 months), or be eligible to participate, in programs under 34 CFR part 200, subpart C (Title I—Migrant Education Program) or 20 CFR part 633 (Employment and Training Administration, Department of Labor—Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Programs).
(b) Special HEP qualifications. To be eligible to participate in a HEP project, a person also must—
(1) Not have earned a secondary school diploma or its equivalent;
(2) Not be currently enrolled in an elementary or secondary school;
(3) Be 16 years of age or over, or beyond the age of compulsory school attendance in the State in which he or she resides; and
(4) Be determined by the grantee to need the academic and supporting services and financial assistance provided by the project in order to attain the equivalent of a secondary school diploma and to gain employment or be placed in an IHE or other postsecondary education or training.
(c) Special CAMP qualifications. To be eligible to participate in a CAMP project, a person also must—
(1) Be enrolled or be admitted for enrollment as a full-time student at the participating IHE;
(2) Not be beyond the first academic year of a program of study at the IHE, as determined under the standards of the IHE; and
(3) Be determined by the grantee to need the academic and supporting services and financial assistance provided by the project in order to complete an academic program of study at the IHE.
(Authority: 20 U.S.C. 1070d–2(a))
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 34. Education § 34.206.3 Who is eligible to participate in a project? - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-34-education/cfr-sect-34-206-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.