Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) You must develop a comprehensive annual self-inspection plan covering all of your facilities. You must keep this plan wherever you keep your records and make it available to BOEM inspectors upon request. Your plan must specify:
(1) The type, extent, and frequency of in-place inspections that you will conduct for both the above-water and the below-water structures of all facilities and pertinent components of the mooring systems for any floating facilities; and
(2) How you are monitoring the corrosion protection for both the above-water and below-water structures.
(b) You must submit a report annually to us no later than November 1 that must include:
(1) A list of facilities inspected in the preceding 12 months;
(2) The type of inspection employed, (i.e., visual, magnetic particle, ultrasonic testing); and
(3) A summary of the inspection indicating what repairs, if any, were needed and the overall structural condition of the facility.
Whenever any faller, bucker, or millhand has a lien pursuant to Section 3065 and has not been paid for his labor by the contractor employing him, and money is owing to such contractor by a mill operator, any such faller, bucker, or millhand, or several of them acting jointly, may file with the Labor Commissioner an affidavit stating the amount of wages unpaid to him or them and describing the labor for which wages are owed and the period in which such labor was performed. If the Labor Commissioner finds the affidavit in order, he shall send to such mill operator a stop notice directing such mill operator to withhold funds in the amount of the unpaid wages from the contractor. The mill operator shall withhold such funds pursuant to the stop notice for 15 days from the date of service of the notice, subject to garnishment within that period by the faller, bucker, or millhand or any assignee thereof.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 30. Mineral Resources § 30.585.824 How must I conduct self-inspections? - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-30-mineral-resources/cfr-sect-30-585-824/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.