Code of Federal Regulations Title 27. Alcohol, Tobacco Products and Firearms § 27.9.122 Western Connecticut Highlands
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Name. The name of the viticultural area described in this section is “Western Connecticut Highlands.”
(b) Approved map. The approved map for determining the boundaries of the “Western Connecticut Highlands” viticultural area is 1 U.S.G.S. 1:125,000 series map. It is titled State of Connecticut, Compiled in 1965, Edition of 1966.
(c) Boundary description. The boundaries of the proposed Western Connecticut Highlands viticultural area are as follows:
(1) The beginning point is where Connecticut Route #15 (Merritt Parkway) meets the Connecticut–New York State line near Glenville, CT, in the Town of Greenwich.
(2) The boundary goes approximately 80 miles northerly along the Connecticut–New York State line to the northwest corner of Connecticut at the Town of Salisbury (Connecticut–New York–Massachusetts State line);
(3) The boundary proceeds approximately 32 miles east along the Connecticut–Massachusetts State line to the northeast border of the Town of Hartland;
(4) The boundary runs approximately 5 miles south along the eastern boundary of the Town of Hartland to the northeast corner of the Town of Barkhamstead (Litchfield–Hartford County line);
(5) The boundary then goes south approximately 25 miles along the Litchfield–Hartford County line to the southeast corner of the Town of Plymouth (Litchfield–Hartford–New Haven County line);
(6) The boundary then travels approximately 7 miles west along the Litchfield–New Haven County line to Connecticut Route #8 at Waterville in the Town of Waterbury;
(7) The boundary proceeds approximately 25 miles south along Connecticut Route #8 to the intersection of Connecticut Route 15 (Merritt Parkway) near Nichols in the Town of Trumbull;
(8) The boundary travels approximately 32 miles west along Connecticut Route 15 (Merritt Parkway) to the beginning point.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 27. Alcohol, Tobacco Products and Firearms § 27.9.122 Western Connecticut Highlands - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-27-alcohol-tobacco-products-and-firearms/cfr-sect-27-9-122/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?