(a) Basic Bonds. There are two basic types of bonds: the operations bond, and the withdrawal bond.
(1) Operations bond. An operations bond covers the tax liability for a variety of operations at a distilled
spirits plant, along with any penalties incurred and fines imposed for violation of
the law and regulations relating to activities covered by the bond.
(2) Withdrawal bond. A withdrawal bond covers the tax liability for tax determined distilled spirits
withdrawn from the bonded premises on a tax deferred basis.
(b) Other bonds. In addition to the basic operations and withdrawal bonds, several variations of
these bonds are available:
(1) An adjacent wine cellar bond covers operations at a distilled spirits plant and an
adjacent bonded wine cellar;
(2) An area bond covers operations at two or more distilled spirits plant and any adjacent
bonded wine cellars; and
(3) A unit bond covers both operations and withdrawals at one or more distilled spirits
plants and operations at any adjacent bonded wine cellars.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.