Code of Federal Regulations Title 25. Indians § 25.161.606 What will BIA do if the permittee doesn't cure a violation on time?
Search Code of Federal Regulations
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) If the permittee does not cure a violation within the required time period, or if the violation is not referred to District Grazing Committee for mediation, BIA will consult with the Navajo Nation, as appropriate, and determine whether:
(2) BIA may invoke any other remedies available to BIA under the permit;
(3) The Navajo Nation may invoke any remedies available to them under the permit; or
(4) The permittee may be granted additional time in which to cure the violation.
(b) If BIA grants a permittee a time extension to cure a violation, the permittee must proceed diligently to complete the necessary corrective actions within a reasonable or specified time from the date on which the extension is granted.
(c) If BIA cancels the permit, BIA will send the permittee and the District Grazing Committee a written notice of cancellation within 5 business days of the decision. BIA will also provide actual or constructive notice of the cancellation to the Navajo Nation, as appropriate. The written notice of cancellation will:
(1) Explain the grounds for cancellation;
(2) Notify the permittee of the amount of any unpaid fees and other financial obligations due under the permit;
(3) Notify the permittee of his or her right to appeal under 25 CFR part 2 of this title, as modified by § 161.607, including the amount of any appeal bond that must be posted with an appeal of the cancellation decision; and
(4) Order the permittee to cease grazing livestock on the next anniversary date of the grazing permit or 180 days following the receipt of the written notice of cancellation, whichever is sooner.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 25. Indians § 25.161.606 What will BIA do if the permittee doesn't cure a violation on time? - last updated October 02, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-25-indians/cfr-sect-25-161-606/
Was this helpful?