Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This account must include the cost of labor, materials used and expenses incurred in providing instructions or assistance to customers, the object of which is to encourage safe, efficient and economical use of the associate utility company's service.
(b) This account must include the following labor items:
(1) Direct supervision of department.
(2) Processing customer inquiries relating to the proper use of electric equipment, the replacement of such equipment and information related to the equipment.
(3) Advice directed to customers as to how they may achieve the most efficient and safest use of electric equipment.
(4) Demonstrations, exhibits, lectures, and other programs designed to instruct customers in the safe, economical or efficient use of electric service, and/or oriented toward conservation of energy.
(5) Engineering and technical advice to customers, the object of which is to promote safe, efficient and economical use of the associate utility company's service.
(c) This account must include the following materials and expenses items:
(1) Supplies and expenses pertaining to demonstrations, exhibits, lectures, and other programs.
(2) Loss in value on equipment and appliances used for customer assistance programs.
(3) Office supplies and expenses.
(4) Transportation, meals, and incidental expenses.
(d) Do not include in this account expenses that are provided for elsewhere, such as accounts 416, Costs and expenses of merchandising, jobbing and contract work (§ 367.4160), 587, Customer installations expenses (§ 367.5870), 879, Customer installations expenses (§ 367.8790), and 912, Demonstrating and selling expenses (§ 367.9120).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 18. Conservation of Power and Water Resources § 18.367.9080 Account 908, Customer assistance expenses - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-18-conservation-of-power-and-water-resources/cfr-sect-18-367-9080/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.