Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Self-certification of rules and rule amendments by designated contract markets and registered derivatives clearing organizations. A designated contract market or registered derivatives clearing organization may implement any new rule or rule amendment relating to a security futures product by submitting to the Commission at its Washington, DC headquarters, either in electronic or hard-copy form, to be received by the Commission no later than the day prior to the implementation of the rule or rule amendment, a filing that:
(1) Is labeled “Security Futures Product Rule Submission;'
(2) Includes a copy of the new rule or rule amendment;
(3) Includes a certification that the designated contract market or registered derivatives clearing organization has filed the rule or rule amendment with the Securities and Exchange Commission, if such a filing is required;
(4) If the board of trade is a designated contract market pursuant to section 5 of the Act or is a registered derivatives clearing organization pursuant to section 5b of the Act, it includes the documents and certifications required to be filed with the Commission pursuant to § 40.6 of this chapter, including a certification that the security futures product complies with the Act and rules thereunder; and
(5) Includes a copy of the submission cover sheet in accordance with the instructions in appendix D of part 40.
(6) Includes a request for confidential treatment as permitted under the procedures of § 40.8.
(b) Voluntary submission of rules for Commission review and approval. A designated contract market or a registered derivatives clearing organization clearing security futures products may request that the Commission approve any rule or proposed rule or rule amendment relating to a security futures product under the procedures of § 40.5 of this chapter, provided however, that the registered entity shall include the certifications required by § 41.22 with its submission under § 40.5 of this chapter. Notice designated contract markets may not request Commission approval of rules.
(c) [Redesignated as subsection (b) by 77 FR 66344]
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 17. Commodity and Securities Exchanges § 17.41.24 Rule amendments to security futures products - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-17-commodity-and-securities-exchanges/cfr-sect-17-41-24/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.