Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) An application for a specific license to manufacture, prepare, process, produce, package, repackage, or transfer for commercial distribution capsules containing 37 kBq (1μCi) carbon–14 urea (allowing for nominal variation that may occur during the manufacturing process) each for “in vivo” diagnostic use, to persons exempt from licensing under § 30.21 of this chapter or the equivalent regulations of an Agreement State will be approved if:
(1) The applicant satisfies the general requirements specified in § 30.33 of this chapter, provided that the requirements of § 30.33(a)(2) and (3) of this chapter do not apply to an application for a license to transfer byproduct material manufactured, prepared, processed, produced, packaged, or repackaged pursuant to a license issued by an Agreement State;
(2) The applicant meets the requirements under § 32.72(a)(2) of this part;
(3) The applicant provides evidence that each capsule contains 37 kBq (1μCi) carbon–14 urea (allowing for nominal variation that may occur during the manufacturing process);
(4) The carbon–14 urea is not contained in any food, beverage, cosmetic, drug (except as described in this section) or other commodity designed for ingestion or inhalation by, or topical application to, a human being;
(5) The carbon–14 urea is in the form of a capsule, identified as radioactive, and to be used for its radioactive properties, but is not incorporated into any manufactured or assembled commodity, product, or device intended for commercial distribution; and
(6) The applicant submits copies of prototype labels and brochures and the NRC approves these labels and brochures.
(b) Nothing in this section relieves the licensee from complying with applicable FDA, other Federal, and State requirements governing drugs.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.32.21 Radioactive drug: Manufacture, preparation, or transfer for commercial distribution of capsules containing carbon–14 urea each for “in vivo” diagnostic use for humans to persons exempt from licensing; Requirements for a license - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-10-energy/cfr-sect-10-32-21/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.