Skip to main content

Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.205.320 Who shall apply

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Any person, firm, co-operative, corporation or other entity who operates an electric power transmission or distribution facility crossing the border of the United States, for the transmission of electric energy between the United States and a foreign country, shall have a Presidential Permit, in compliance with Executive Order 10485, as amended by Executive Order 12038. Such applications should be filed with the Office of Utility Systems of the Economic Regulatory Administration.

Note:  E.O. 12038, dated February 3, 1978, amended E.O. 10485, dated September 3, 1953, to delete the words “Federal Power Commission” and “Commission” and substitute for each “Secretary of Energy.” E.O. 10485 revoked and superseded E.O. 8202, dated July 13, 1939.

(b) In connection with applications hereunder, attention is directed to the provisions of §§ 205.300 to 205.309, above, concerning applications for authorization to transmit electric energy from the United States to a foreign country pursuant to section 202(e) of the Federal Power Act.

Cite this article: - Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.205.320 Who shall apply - last updated October 03, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard