Skip to main content

Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.1304.105 Requests for access to records

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) All requests for records should include the following information:

(1) Full name, address, and telephone number of requester.

(2) The system of records containing the desired information.

(3) Any other information that the requester believes would help locate the record.

(b) Requests in writing. A person may request access to his or her own records in writing by addressing a letter to:  Privacy Act Officer;  U.S. Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board;  2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 1300;  Arlington, VA 22201.

(c) Requests via the internet. Internet requests should be transmitted through the Board's Web site at, using the “Contact NWTRB” icon on the bottom of the main page. The words “Privacy Act” should appear on the subject line.

(d) Requests in person. Any person may examine and request copies of his or her own records on the Board's premises. The requester should contact the Board's offices at least one week before the desired appointment date. This request may be made to the Privacy Act Officer in writing, via the Internet, or by calling 703–235–4473.

(e) Before viewing the records, proof of identification, must be provided. The identification should be a valid copy of one of the following:

A government ID,

A driver's license,

A passport, or

Other current identification that contains both an address and a picture of the requester.

Cite this article: - Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.1304.105 Requests for access to records - last updated October 03, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard