Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This part implements section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act (42 U.S.C. 2168) which prohibits the unauthorized dissemination of certain unclassified Government information. This information identified by the term “Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information” (UCNI) consists of certain design and security information concerning nuclear facilities, nuclear materials, and nuclear weapons.
(b) This part:
(1) Provides for the review of information prior to its designation as UCNI;
(2) Describes how information is determined to be UCNI;
(3) Establishes minimum physical protection standards for documents and material containing UCNI;
(4) Specifies who may have access to UCNI; and,
(5) Establishes a procedure for the imposition of penalties on persons who violate section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act or any regulation or order of the Secretary issued under section 148 of the Atomic Energy Act, including this part.
(c) This part does not apply to information controlled under 10 U.S.C. 128 by the Department of Defense.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 10. Energy § 10.1017.1 Purpose and scope - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-10-energy/cfr-sect-10-1017-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.