Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The director shall adopt and promulgate necessary rules and regulations, in compliance with Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code , and do all things necessary and proper to carry out this article. The director shall review these regulations for possible revision at least every three years.
(b) These regulations shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Uniform procedures for vendor application and termination.
(2) Criteria and standards for selecting vendors and matching vendors to facilities that shall ensure that the most qualified person is selected for a facility.
(3) Equipment life standards and service standards for the inventory, repair, and purchase of equipment, as required under subdivision (a) of Section 19626.5 .
(4) The minimum requirements for installation of a facility.
(5) A fair minimum of return to vendors.
(6) Standards for training, in-service retraining, and upward mobility.
(7) The policies and procedures used by the department for collection and deposit or disbursement of all vending facility income, including, but not limited to, the frequency, rules regarding, and method of collection of funds from facilities operated by licensed blind vendors and facilities operated by other individuals or entities.
(c) The director shall provide a written copy of all rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this section to all vendors. Upon request by a vendor, the rules and regulations shall be supplied to the vendor as an audio recording in lieu of the written copy. In addition, the director shall notify all vendors of any proposed changes to the rules and regulations.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 19639 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-19639/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.