California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 19152
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) “Community rehabilitation program” means a program which is operated for the primary purpose of providing directly or facilitating the provision of vocational rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities and which provides singly or in combination one or more of the following services to enable persons with disabilities to maximize opportunities for employment, including career advancement:
(1) Comprehensive rehabilitation services which shall include, under one management, medical, psychological, social, and vocational services.
(2) Testing, fitting, or training in the use of prosthetic and orthotic devices.
(3) Recreational therapy.
(4) Physical and occupational therapy.
(5) Speech, language, and hearing therapy.
(6) Psychiatric, psychological, and social services.
(7) Personal and work adjustment.
(8) Vocational training (in combination with other rehabilitation services).
(9) Evaluation or control of special disabilities.
(10) Assessment for determining eligibility and vocational needs, including evaluation for supported employment, development, and placement in jobs.
(11) Development of, and placement in, jobs.
(12) Job coaching services to enable a person with disabilities to obtain or maintain supported or competitive employment.
(13) Extended employment for persons with significant disabilities who cannot be readily absorbed into the competitive labor market.
(14) Personal assistance services.
(15) To the extent provided under federal law, services similar to the services described in paragraphs (1) to (13), inclusive.
(b) All medical and related health services shall be prescribed by, or under the formal supervision of, persons licensed to practice medicine or surgery in the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 19152 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-19152/
Was this helpful?