Skip to main content

California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 16524.8

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a)(1) Each county electing to receive funds from the Commercially Sexually Exploited Children Program pursuant to this chapter shall develop an interagency protocol to be utilized in serving sexually exploited children. The county protocol shall be developed by a team led by a representative of the county human services department and shall include representatives from each of the following agencies:

(A) The county probation department.

(B) The county mental health department.

(C) The county public health department.

(D) The juvenile court in the county.

(E) The county office of education.

(F) The county sheriff's department.

(2) The team may include, but shall not be limited to, representatives from local education agencies, local law enforcement, survivors of sexual exploitation, and other providers as necessary.

(b) At a minimum, the interagency protocol shall address the provision of services to children who have been sexually exploited and are within the definition of Section 300, including, but not limited to, the use of a multidisciplinary team approach to provide coordinated case management, service planning, and services to these children.

(c) Counties that developed a protocol prior to the inclusion of county offices of education and county sheriff's departments as required partners pursuant to this section may, but are not required to, revise protocols to reflect input by these entities.

Cite this article: - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 16524.8 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard