Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department shall ensure that all covered mental health benefits and substance use disorder benefits, as those terms are defined in Section 438.900 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations, are provided in compliance with Parts 438, 440, 456, and 457 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations, as amended March 30, 2016, as published in the Federal Register (81 Fed. Reg. 18390), and any subsequent amendment to those regulations, and any associated federal policy guidance issued by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
(b) Notwithstanding Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code, the department, without taking any further regulatory action, may implement, interpret, or make specific this subdivision by means of all-county letters, plan letters, plan or provider bulletins, or similar instructions until the time regulations are adopted. In doing so, the director shall consult with managed care plans and consumer advocates. By July 1, 2022, the department shall adopt regulations, where appropriate, in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
(c) The department shall make any findings of noncompliance and corrective action plans available on its Internet Web site.
(d) For purposes of this section, “Medi-Cal managed care plan” means any individual, organization, or entity that enters into a contract with the department to provide services to enrolled Medi-Cal beneficiaries pursuant to any of the following:
(2) Article 2.8 (commencing with Section 14087.5).
(3) Article 2.81 (commencing with Section 14087.96).
(4) Article 2.82 (commencing with Section 14087.98).
(5) Article 2.91 (commencing with Section 14089).
(6) Chapter 8 (commencing with Section 14200), excluding dental managed care plans.
(7) Chapter 8.9 (commencing with Section 14700).
(8) A county Drug Medi-Cal organized delivery system authorized under the California Medi-Cal 2020 Demonstration, Number 11-W-00193/9, as approved by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and described in the Special Terms and Conditions. For purposes of this subdivision, “Special Terms and Conditions” shall have the same meaning as set forth in subdivision (o) of Section 14184.10.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 14197.1 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-14197-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.