Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Clinics and hospital outpatient departments, except for emergency rooms, owned or operated by Los Angeles County that participated in the California Section 1115 Medicaid Demonstration Project for Los Angeles County (No. 11-W-00076/9) and received 100 percent cost-based reimbursement pursuant to the Special Terms and Conditions of that waiver shall continue to be reimbursed under a cost-based methodology on and after July 1, 2005.
(b) Reimbursement to clinics and hospitals described in subdivision (a) shall be at 100 percent of reasonable and allowable costs for Medi-Cal services rendered to Medi-Cal beneficiaries. Reasonable and allowable costs shall be determined in accordance with applicable cost-based reimbursement provisions of the following regulations and publications:
(1) The Medicare reimbursement methodology as specified at Sections 405.2460 to 405.2470, inclusive, of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations, together with applicable definitions in Subpart X of Part 405 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations to the extent those definitions are applied by the department in connection with payments to federally qualified health centers in California.
(2) Cost reimbursement principles outlined in Part 413 (commencing with Section 413.1) of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations. In the event of a conflict between the provisions of Part 405 and Part 413, the provisions of Part 405 shall govern.
(3) “Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribe Governments” (OMB Circular A-87).
(4) “Rural Health and FQHC Manual” (CMS Publication 27).
(5) Subdivision (e) of Section 14087.325 and any implementing regulations.
(c) The methodology for reimbursement adopted by the state to comply with Section 1396a(aa) of Title 42 of the United States Code shall not be applicable to clinics and hospitals that are paid pursuant to this section.
(d) This section shall be implemented on the effective date established by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for an amendment to the California Medicaid State Plan that approves the cost-based reimbursement methodology for the clinics and hospitals described in subdivision (b).
(e)(1) Payments received by clinics and hospital outpatient departments described in subdivision (a), for services rendered to populations described in Section 14182, shall be equivalent to what otherwise would have been received under this section on a fee-for-service basis.
(2) This subdivision shall be implemented only to the extent permitted under federal law and when federal financial participation is available.
(f) Notwithstanding subdivision (a) of Section 14105, and the rulemaking provisions of Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code, the department may implement and administer the cost-based rates of reimbursement described in this section by means of provider bulletins or manuals, or similar instructions.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 14105.24 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-14105-24/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.