Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Notwithstanding Section 14105 and any other provision of law, the Medi-Cal reimbursement rates in effect on August 1, 2003, shall remain in effect through July 31, 2005, for the following providers:
(1) Freestanding nursing facilities licensed as either of the following:
(A) An intermediate care facility pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 1250 of the Health and Safety Code.
(B) An intermediate care facility for the developmentally disabled pursuant to subdivision (e), (g), or (h) of Section 1250 of the Health and Safety Code.
(2) A skilled nursing facility that is a distinct part of a general acute care hospital. For purposes of this paragraph, “distinct part” shall have the same meaning as defined in Section 72041 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations.
(3) A subacute care program, as described in Section 14132.25 or subacute care unit, as described in Sections 51215.5 and 51215.8 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations.
(4) An adult day health care center.
(b)(1) The director may adopt regulations as are necessary to implement subdivision (a). These regulations shall be adopted as emergency regulations in accordance with the rulemaking provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act, Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code. For purposes of this section, the adoption of regulations shall be deemed an emergency and necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, and safety or general welfare.
(2) As an alternative to paragraph (1), and Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code, the director may implement this article by means of a provider bulletin, or similar instructions, without taking regulatory action.
(c) The director shall implement subdivision (a) in a manner that is consistent with federal medicaid law and regulations. The director shall seek any necessary federal approvals for the implementation of this section. This section shall be implemented only to the extent that federal approval is obtained.
(d) The provisions of subdivision (a) shall apply to a skilled nursing facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 1250 of the Health and Safety Code, only until the first day of the month following federal approval to implement both the skilled nursing quality assurance fee imposed by Article 7.6 (commencing with Section 1324.20) of Chapter 2 of Division 2 of the Health and Safety Code and the rate methodology developed pursuant to Article 3.8 (commencing with Section 14126) of Chapter 7 of Part 3 of Division 9.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 14105.06 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-14105-06/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.