Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, and in a manner consistent with the powers available to public authorities created under this article, the City and County of San Francisco may do any of the following:
(1) Increase the wages of all in-home supportive services providers.
(2) Subject to the requirements of federal law, use county-only funds to fund county and state shares to meet federal financial participation requirements necessary to obtain any available personal care services reimbursement under Title XIX of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 1396 et seq.) (Medicaid).
(3) Provide in-home supportive services workers with any wage increase the city and county may appropriate, as long as this amount is in accordance with the provisions of the Medi-Cal State Plan Amendment 94-006, as approved by the federal Health Care Financing Administration. The county-only funds shall be used exclusively to increase workers' wages and to pay any proportionate share of employer taxes and current benefits, and to pay for the cost of state and county administration of these activities as provided for in paragraph (5). Notwithstanding Section 12302.1, any wage increase for those workers employed under contract shall be passed through by the contractor to the workers, subject to the limitations specified in this paragraph. The state shall continue to provide payroll functions for all workers who are currently individual providers unless and until the in-home supportive services public authority is operational.
(4) Claim the administrative costs of the wage passthrough in accordance with the department's claiming requirements.
(5) If that federal financial participation is available for county-only payroll moneys, the following shall apply:
(A) If additional payroll costs will be incurred by the state due to the receipt and payment of federal funds, the department shall provide the city and county with a detailed estimate of the additional costs of the provision of payroll functions associated with the processing of federal funds. If the city and county elects to pay the additional costs, the department will provide these payroll functions. If the city and county does not elect to pay the additional costs, the department and the city and county may seek another, mutually satisfactory arrangement.
(B) If that federal financial participation is not available, the department shall continue to perform the existing payroll functions provided on July 28, 1995, at no additional cost to the city and county.
(b)(1) This section shall not be implemented with respect to any particular wage increase pursuant to subdivision (a) unless the department has obtained the approval of the State Department of Health Services for that wage increase prior to its execution to determine that it is consistent with federal law and to ensure federal financial participation for the services under Title XIX of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 1396et seq.).
(2) The Director of Health Services shall seek any federal waivers or approvals necessary for implementation of this section under Title XIX of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Sec. 1396et seq.).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Welfare and Institutions Code - WIC § 12302.3 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/welfare-and-institutions-code/wic-sect-12302-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.