Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) All reports and supplemental reports required by this chapter including insurance information forms shall be without prejudice to the individual so reporting and shall be for the confidential use of the department and any other state department requiring such information, except that the department shall upon request disclose from the reports:
(1) The names and addresses of persons involved in the accident.
(2) The registration numbers and descriptions of vehicles involved in the accident.
(3) The date, time, and location of the accident.
(4) Any suspension action taken by the department.
(5) The names and addresses of insurers.
(b) The information specified in subdivision (a) may be given to any person having a proper interest therein, including:
(1) The driver or drivers involved, or the employer, parent, or legal guardian thereof.
(2) The authorized representative of any person involved in the accident.
(3) Any person injured in the accident.
(4) The owners of vehicles or property damaged in the accident.
(5) Any law enforcement agency.
(6) Any court of competent jurisdiction.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Vehicle Code - VEH § 16005 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/vehicle-code/veh-sect-16005/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.