Skip to main content

California Code, Revenue and Taxation Code - RTC § 215.1

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) All buildings, and so much of the real property on which the buildings are situated as may be required for the convenient use and occupation of the buildings, used exclusively for charitable purposes, owned by a veterans' organization which has been chartered by the Congress of the United States, organized and operated for charitable purposes, when the same are used solely and exclusively for the purpose of the organization, if not conducted for profit and no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private individual or member thereof, shall be exempt from taxation.

(b) The exemption provided for in this section shall apply to the property of all organizations meeting the requirements of this section and subdivision (b) of Section 4 of Article XIII of the California Constitution and paragraphs (1) to (7), inclusive, of subdivision (a) of Section 214.

(c) An organization that files a claim for the exemption provided for in this section shall file with the assessor a valid organizational clearance certificate issued pursuant to Section 254.6.

(d)(1) This exemption shall be known as the “veterans' organization exemption.”

(2) Notwithstanding Section 20 or any other law, the State Board of Equalization is responsible for administering the veterans' organization exemption provided by this section, except where the law places responsibility for administering that exemption with the county assessor.

Cite this article: - California Code, Revenue and Taxation Code - RTC § 215.1 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard