Skip to main content

California Code, Public Utilities Code - PUC § 1033.5

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a)?The commission may, at any time for good cause, suspend an operating right acquired by virtue of operations conducted on July 29, 1927, or a certificate of public convenience and necessity and, upon notice to the holder and opportunity to be heard, revoke, alter, or amend the operating right or certificate.

(b)?As an alternative to the suspension, revocation, alteration, or amendment of an operating right or certificate, the commission may impose upon the holder a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000). ?The commission may assess interest upon any fine imposed, the interest to commence upon the day the payment of the fine is delinquent. ?All fines and interest collected shall be deposited at least once each month in the Public Utilities Commission Transportation Reimbursement Account in the General Fund.

(c)?For purposes of this section, ?good cause? includes, but is not limited to, either of the following:

(1)?A consistent failure of the holder of the operating right or certificate to maintain vehicles in a safe operating condition and in compliance with the Vehicle Code and with regulations contained in Title 13 of the California Code of Regulations relative to motor vehicle safety, as shown by the records of the commission, the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Department of the California Highway Patrol, or the passenger stage corporation.

(2)?The holder's knowing and willful filing of a false report which understates revenues and fees.

Cite this article: - California Code, Public Utilities Code - PUC § 1033.5 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard