Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The following areas are hereby designated as components of the system:
(1) Santa Rosa Mountains State Wilderness, consisting of that portion of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in San Diego County within the area encompassed by Townships 9 and 10 South and Ranges 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 East, San Bernardino Base and Meridian, except that the State Park and Recreation Commission shall establish the precise boundary.
(2) Mount San Jacinto State Wilderness in Mount San Jacinto State Park in Riverside County consisting of approximately 9,800 acres and including all of Sections 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31, Township 4 South, Range 3 East, and all of Section 6, Township 5 South, Range 3 East, except the SW 1/4 NW 1/4, NW 1/4 SW 1/4, NE 1/4 SW 1/4, SW 1/4 SW 1/4, and SE 1/4 SE 1/4, San Bernardino Base and Meridian.
(3) The land in the Sinkyone Wilderness State Park after the exchanges of land provided for in Section 6 of the act amending this section at the 1979-80 Regular Session of the Legislature, effective upon approval of a general plan for the area by the State Park and Recreation Commission, as required by Section 5002.45.
(b) The following state school lands, currently under the jurisdiction of the State Lands Commission, shall become components of the system on January 1, 1977, unless exchanged with the federal government for other lands pursuant to existing law prior to that date:
(1) Approximately 640 acres in Monterey County within the Ventana Wilderness, consisting of Section 16, Township 19 South, Range 2 East, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian.
(2) Approximately 40 acres in Monterey County within the Ventana Wilderness, consisting of the NE 1/4 NE 1/4 of Section 36, Township 19 South, Range 3 East, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian.
(3) Approximately 80 acres in Monterey County within the Ventana Wilderness, consisting of the SE 1/4 NW 1/4 and the SW 1/4 NE 1/4 of Section 36, Township 19 South, Range 2 East, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian.
(4) Approximately 40 acres in Santa Barbara County within the San Rafael Wilderness, consisting of the SE 1/4 NW 1/4 of Section 16, Township 7 North, Range 27 West, San Bernardino Base and Meridian.
(5) Approximately 80 acres in Siskiyou County within the Marble Mountain Wilderness, consisting of the E 1/2 and the NW 1/4 of Section 16, Township 41 North, Range 12 West, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian.
(6) Approximately 640 acres in Tehama County within the Yolla Bolla Middle Eel Wilderness, consisting of Section 36, Township 27 North, Range 10 West, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian.
Nothing herein shall preclude the State Lands Commission from effecting exchanges of any such land described in subdivision (b) with the federal government on or after January 1, 1977, for the purpose of including the exchanged land in the national wilderness preservation system. Upon completion of any such exchange, any such land described in subdivision (b) shall no longer be part of the system.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Public Resources Code - PRC § 5093.34 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/public-resources-code/prc-sect-5093-34/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.