Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter:
(a) “Multiple award schedule” (MAS) is an agreement established between the General Services Administration of the United States and certain suppliers to do business under specific prices, terms, and conditions for specified goods, information technology, and services.
(b) “Multiple award” means a contract of indefinite quantity for one or more similar goods, information technology, or services to more than one supplier.
(c) “Procedures” means the rules, methods, and practices to be followed in conducting information technology procurements.
(d) “Policies” means determining what information technology goods or services are to be purchased and by whom.
(e) For purposes of this chapter, “value-effective acquisition” may be defined to include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) The operational cost that the state would incur if the bid or proposal is accepted.
(2) Quality of the product or service, or its technical competency.
(3) Reliability of delivery and implementation schedules.
(4) The maximum facilitation of data exchange and systems integration.
(5) Warranties, guarantees, and return policy.
(6) Supplier financial stability.
(7) Consistency of the proposed solution with the state's planning documents and announced strategic program direction.
(8) Quality and effectiveness of business solution and approach.
(9) Industry and program experience.
(10) Prior record of supplier performance.
(11) Supplier expertise with engagements of similar scope and complexity.
(12) Extent and quality of the proposed participation and acceptance by all user groups.
(13) Proven development methodologies and tools.
(14) Innovative use of current technologies and quality results.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Public Contract Code - PCC § 12100.7 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/public-contract-code/pcc-sect-12100-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.