Skip to main content

California Code, Public Contract Code - PCC § 10108

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Where the nature of the work in the opinion of the department is such that its services in connection therewith are not required, it may authorize the carrying out of the project directly by the state agency concerned therewith if the estimated cost does not exceed six hundred thousand dollars ($600,000), except that the six hundred thousand dollar ($600,000) limitation shall not apply to a project of a district agricultural association or a project of the State Lands Commission.Any capital outlay project with a total value that does not exceed six hundred thousand dollars ($600,000) may be budgeted as a minor capital outlay project. This limit shall be adjusted pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 10105.

If the estimated total cost of any construction project or work carried out under this section exceeds twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000), the district or agency shall solicit bids in writing and shall award the work to the lowest responsible bidder or reject all bids. However, the director may authorize the district or agency to carry out work in excess of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) under the provisions of this section by day labor if he or she deems that the award of a contract, the acceptance of bids, or the acceptance of further bids is not in the best interests of the state. In no event shall the amount of work performed by day labor under this section exceed the sum of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) in the case of district agricultural association fair projects, or thirty-five thousand dollars ($35,000) in other cases.

Cite this article: - California Code, Public Contract Code - PCC § 10108 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard