(a) An attorney transferring one or more documents under Section 732 shall deliver notice pursuant to Section 1215 of the transfer to the State Bar of California. The notice shall contain all of the following information:
(1) The name of the depositor.
(2) The date of the transfer.
(3) The name, address, and State Bar number of the transferring attorney.
(4) Whether any documents are transferred to an attorney, and the name, address, and
State Bar number of the attorney to whom the documents are transferred.
(5) Whether any documents are transferred to a superior court clerk.
(b) The State Bar shall record only one notice of transfer for each transferring attorney. The State Bar shall prescribe the form for the notice of transfer. On request by any person, the State Bar shall give that person information in the
notice of transfer. At its sole election, the State Bar may give the information orally or in writing.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.