Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Except as provided in subdivision (c), only a person described in Section 10581 has a right to have the court review the proposed action after it has been taken or otherwise to object to the proposed action after it has been taken. Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (c), a person described in Section 10581 waives the right to have the court review the proposed action after it has been taken, or otherwise to object to the proposed action after it has been taken, if either of the following circumstances exists:
(b) Unless the person has waived notice of or consented to the proposed action as provided in Sections 10582 to 10584, inclusive, the court may review the action taken upon motion of a person described in Section 10581 who establishes that he or she did not actually receive the notice of proposed action before the time to object under subdivision (d) expires.
(c) The court may review the action of the personal representative upon motion of an heir or devisee who establishes all of the following:
(1) At the time the notice was given, the heir or devisee lacked capacity to object to the proposed action or was a minor.
(2) No notice of proposed action was actually received by the guardian, conservator, or other legal representative of the heir or devisee.
(3) The guardian, conservator, or other legal representative did not waive notice of proposed action.
(4) The guardian, conservator, or other legal representative did not consent to the proposed action.
(d) For the purposes of this section, an objection to a proposed action is made only by one or both of the following methods:
(1) Delivering or mailing a written objection as provided in Section 10587 within the time specified in subdivision (c) of that section.
(2) Serving a restraining order obtained under Section 10588 in the manner prescribed and within the time specified in subdivision (b) of that section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Probate Code - PROB § 10590 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/probate-code/prob-sect-10590/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.