California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 769.56
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A material change made by a health insurer, as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 106, to the terms and conditions of a contract between the health insurer and a life and accident and health or sickness agent shall not become effective until the health insurer has delivered to the life and accident and health or sickness agent, at least 45 days prior to the effective date of the change, written or electronic notice indicating the change or changes to the contract. For purposes of this section, a “material change” is a change made to a provision of the contract affecting any of the following:
(1) Commissions, bonuses, and incentives paid to the life and accident and health or sickness agent.
(2) Right of survivorship.
(3) Indemnification of the life and accident and health or sickness agent by the health insurer.
(4) Errors and omissions coverage requirements for the life and accident and health or sickness agent.
(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply under either of the following circumstances:
(1) The change to the contract is mutually agreed upon by the health insurer and the life and accident and health or sickness agent.
(2) The change to the contract is required by state or federal law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 769.56 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/insurance-code/ins-sect-769-56/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?