California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 5092
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The withdrawal may be completed by paying the member's share, if any, under the terms of his policy, of all claims that exist against the insurer on the day of such completion.
(1) “Crisis line” means an emergency telephone service staffed by persons who are trained to provide emergency peer counseling, information, referral and advocacy to victims of family or teen dating violence and their families.
(2) “Director” means the Director of Human Services.
(4) “Family violence” means the physical injury, sexual abuse or forced imprisonment, or threat thereof, of a person by another who is related by blood, marriage or intimate cohabitation at the present or has been related at some time in the past, to the extent that the person's health or welfare is harmed or threatened thereby, as determined in accordance with rules prescribed by the director.
(5) “Safe house” means a place of temporary refuge, offered on an “as needed” basis to victims of family violence and their families.
(6) “Shelter home” means a place of temporary refuge, offered on a 24-hour, seven-day per week basis to victims of family violence and their children.
(7) “Teen dating violence” means:
(a) A pattern of behavior in which a person uses or threatens to use physical, mental or emotional abuse to control another person who is in a dating relationship with the person, where one or both persons are 13 to 19 years of age; or
(b) Behavior by which a person uses or threatens to use sexual violence against another person who is in a dating relationship with the person, where one or both persons are 13 to 19 years of age.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 5092 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/insurance-code/ins-sect-5092/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?