California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 1875.15
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A licensed insurance claims analysis bureau shall develop rules governing the kind, quality, and frequency of data reporting, which shall be binding on all subscribers or members. The commissioner may require development of new claims categories for the suppression and prevention of fraud.
(b) Every member or subscriber shall report, at a minimum, the following regarding any category of claims:
(1) Name of claimant.
(2) Address of claimant.
(3) Date of accident or incident.
(4) Identification of medical provider, if applicable.
(5) Identification of property repair vendor, if applicable.
(6) Identification of members or subscribers and, if applicable, adjusters.
(7) Identification of attorneys representing claimants, if applicable.
(8) Description of claim.
(9) Claimant's driver license or California Identification card number, if applicable.
(10) Claimant's social security number, if known to the insurer.
(11) Vehicle license numbers, if the claim involves automobile insurance.
(12) Vehicle identification numbers, if known and the claim involves automobile insurance.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 1875.15 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/insurance-code/ins-sect-1875-15/
Was this helpful?