California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 1758.92
Search California Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) An applicant for a credit insurance agent license under this article shall submit each of the following to the commissioner:
(1) A written application for licensure signed by the applicant or an officer of the applicant, in the form prescribed by the commissioner.
(2) A certificate by the insurer that is to be named in the credit insurance agent license, stating that the insurer has satisfied itself that the named applicant is trustworthy and competent to act as its insurance agent limited to this purpose and that the insurer will appoint the applicant to act as its agent in reference to selling or soliciting the kind or kinds of insurance that are permitted by this article, if the credit insurance agent license applied for is issued by the commissioner. The certification shall be subscribed by an officer or managing agent of the insurer on a form prescribed by the commissioner.
(3) An application fee, and, for each license period thereafter, a renewal fee, of four hundred eight dollars ($408).
(b) Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, the provisions set forth in Sections 1667, 1668, 1668.5, 1669, 1670, 1720, 1738, and 1739 apply to any application for or issuance of a license, or any application for or approval of an endorsee, pursuant to this article.
(c)(1) Not less than 60 days before a permanent license will expire, the commissioner may use an electronic delivery method, including email or other similar electronic method of delivery, to deliver, or may mail, to the latest email or mailing address appearing on the commissioner's records, an application to the licensee to renew the license for the appropriate succeeding license period. It is the licensee's responsibility to renew whether or not a renewal application is received. The commissioner may accept a late renewal without penalty, provided the licensee's failure to comply is due to a clerical error or inadvertence on the part of the department.
(2) An application for renewal shall be filed on or before the expiration date.
(3) The application for renewal of an expired license may be filed after the expiration date and until that same month and date of the next succeeding year. A licensee who files a renewal application after the license has expired shall be charged, in addition to the renewal fee, a penalty of 50 percent of the renewal fee for the credit insurance agent license and all endorsees.
(d) Costs associated with any enforcement action or investigation shall be paid for by the person or organization licensed pursuant to this article.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 1758.92 - last updated January 01, 2023 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/insurance-code/ins-sect-1758-92/
Was this helpful?