Skip to main content

California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 1639.1

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The class or classes of insurance which a nonresident person is licensed to transact under that nonresident person's resident license shall be determined according to the definitions of classes of insurance in Sections 101 to 120, inclusive. A certificate from the insurance regulatory authority of the nonresident's home state may be accepted as evidence of the applicant's license status and the capacity or capacities in which that nonresident person is licensed. The Insurance Commissioner may also verify the producer's licensing status through the Producer Database maintained by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, its affiliates or subsidiaries.

(b) A nonresident producer who moves from one state to another state or a resident producer who moves from this state to another state shall file a change of address and provide certification from the new resident state within 30 days of the change of legal residence. No fee or license application is required.

(c) The license authority granted to the nonresident shall not exceed the class or classes of insurance granted by the license issued under the laws of the state, territory of the United States, or province of Canada where the resident license is maintained.

Cite this article: - California Code, Insurance Code - INS § 1639.1 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard