(a) No health insurer shall, with regard to a group contract, change the premium rates
or applicable copayments or coinsurances or deductibles for the length of the contract,
except as specified in subdivision (b), during any of the following time periods:
(1) After the group policyholder or group contractholder has delivered written notice
of acceptance of the contract or policy.
(2) After the start of the employer's annual open enrollment period.
(3) After the receipt of payment of the premium for the first month of coverage in
accordance with the contract or policy effective date.
(b) Changes to the premium rates or applicable copayments or coinsurances or deductibles
of a contract or policy shall, subject to the insurer meeting the requirements of
this chapter, be allowed in any of the following circumstances:
(1) When authorized or required in the group contract or policy.
(2) When the contract or policy was agreed to under a preliminary agreement that states
that it is subject to execution of a definitive agreement.
(3) When the insurer and the policyholder or contractholder mutually agree in writing.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.