Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The department shall establish an identification number certification system to annually verify the accuracy of information related to generators, transporters, and facilities authorized to treat, store, or dispose of hazardous waste. Each entity issued an identification number shall provide or verify the information specified in paragraphs (1) to (9), inclusive, when requested by the department. The system shall include the provision or verification of all of the following information:
(1) The name, mailing address, facsimile number, fictitious business name, federal employer number, California Department of Tax and Fee Administration identification number, SIC code, email address, if available, and telephone number of the firm or organization engaged in hazardous waste activities.
(2) The name, mailing address, facsimile number, and telephone number of the owner of the firm or organization.
(3) The name, title, mailing address, facsimile number, and telephone number of a contact person for the firm or organization.
(4) The identification number assigned to the firm or organization.
(5) The site location address or description associated with the firm or organization's identification number provided in paragraph (4).
(6) The number of employees of the firm or organization.
(7) If the firm or organization is a generator, a statement of whether the generator produces RCRA hazardous waste or non-RCRA hazardous waste.
(8) An identification of any of the following hazardous waste activities in which the firm or organization is engaged:
(C) Onsite treatment, storage, or disposal.
(9) The waste codes associated with the four largest hazardous waste streams, by volume, of the firm or organization. The federal waste code shall be verified for RCRA hazardous waste and the California waste code shall be verified for non-RCRA hazardous waste.
(b) Any generator, transporter, and facility operator who fails to comply with this section, or who fails to provide information required by the department to verify the accuracy of hazardous waste activity data, shall be subject to suspension of any and all identification numbers assigned to the generator, transporter, or facility operator and to any other authorized enforcement action.
(c) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2022.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Health and Safety Code - HSC § 25205.16 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/health-and-safety-code/hsc-sect-25205-16/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.