Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) To prevent a former state administrative official from making or providing a statement, which is based on the former state administrative official's own special knowledge in the particular area that is the subject of the statement, provided that no compensation is thereby received other than that regularly provided for by law or regulation for witnesses; or
(b) To communications made solely for the purpose of furnishing information by a former state administrative official if the court or state administrative agency to which the communication is directed makes findings in writing that:
(1) The former state administrative official has outstanding and otherwise unavailable qualifications;
(2) The former state administrative official is acting with respect to a particular matter which requires such qualifications; and
(3) The public interest would be served by the participation of the former state administrative official; or
(c) With respect to appearances or communications in a proceeding in which a court or state administrative agency has issued a final order, decree, decision or judgment but has retained jurisdiction if the state administrative agency of former employment gives its consent by determining that:
(1) At least five years have elapsed since the termination of the former state administrative official's employment or term of office; and
(2) The public interest would not be harmed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 87403 - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/government-code/gov-sect-87403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.