California Code, Government Code - GOV § 76000.3

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Notwithstanding any other law, for each parking offense where a parking penalty, fine, or forfeiture is imposed, an added penalty of three dollars ($3) shall be imposed in addition to the penalty, fine, or forfeiture set by the city, district, or other issuing agency.

(b) For each infraction parking violation for which a penalty or fine is collected in the courts of the county, the county treasurer shall transmit the penalty imposed pursuant to subdivision (a) to the Treasurer for deposit in the Trial Court Trust Fund established by Section 68085.  These moneys shall be taken from the penalties, fines, and forfeitures deposited with the county treasurer prior to any division pursuant to Section 1463.009 of the Penal Code.  The judges of the county shall increase the bail schedule amounts as appropriate for infraction parking violations to reflect the added penalty provided for by subdivision (a).

(c) In those cities, districts, or other issuing agencies which elect to accept parking penalties, and otherwise process parking violations pursuant to Article 3 (commencing with Section 40200) of Chapter 1 of Division 17 of the Vehicle Code, that city, district, or issuing agency shall collect the added penalty imposed by this section.  Each agency that elects to process parking violations shall pay to the Treasurer for deposit in the Trial Court Trust Fund three dollars ($3) for each civil parking penalty collected on each violation.  Those payments to the Treasurer shall be made monthly.

Cite this article: - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 76000.3 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard