California Code, Government Code - GOV § 75613

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Whenever a person entitled to payment of a member's contributions or any other benefit fails to claim the payment or cannot be located or a warrant in payment is canceled pursuant to Section 17070, the amount owed from the Judges' Retirement System II Fund shall be administered pursuant to subdivision (c).

(b) Whenever the amount of a benefit payable by this program cannot be determined because the recipient cannot be identified or information necessary to determination of the benefit to be paid cannot be ascertained, the contributions of the member on whose account the benefit is payable shall be administered pursuant to subdivision (c).

(c) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, the amounts described in subdivisions (a) and (b) shall be held, or if a warrant has been drawn the warrant shall be redeposited in the fund and held for the claimant without accumulation of interest, and the redeposit shall not operate to reinstate the membership of the person with respect to whose membership the refund or benefit was payable in this system.  If the proceeds, whether heretofore or hereafter redeposited, are not claimed within four years after the date of the redeposit, they shall revert to and become a part of the fund.  Transfer to the fund shall be made as of the June 30 next following the expiration of the four-year period.

(d) The board may at any time after transfer of proceeds to the fund upon receipt of proper information satisfactory to it, return the proceeds to the credit of the claimant, to be administered in the manner provided under this system.

Cite this article: - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 75613 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard