Skip to main content

California Code, Government Code - GOV § 70356

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The following items shall be included in the county facilities payment based on a five-year average of expenditures made by the county for facility operation and maintenance. This amount shall be computed by multiplying the value for each of the five fiscal years from 1995-96 to 1999-2000, inclusive, by the change in the inflation index specified in Section 70355 from January of that fiscal year to the month of the date of transfer of responsibility for the court facilities from the county to the state, inclusive, and then averaging the five adjusted yearly values:

(a) Maintenance and repair, including, but not limited to, maintenance and repair of the building and its components, utility systems, security equipment, and interior and exterior lighting.

(b) Purchase, installation, modernization, and maintenance of major building systems not of an ongoing nature, including, but not limited to, plumbing, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning), electrical, and vertical transportation.

(c) A special repair.

(d) Landscaping and grounds maintenance services for court facilities.

(e) Maintenance of parking spaces or garages dedicated to the court or for jurors.

(f) County facility management and administrative costs directly or indirectly associated with trial court facilities, including, but not limited to, management, supervision, planning, design, department administration, payroll, finance, procurement, and program management.

Cite this article: - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 70356 - last updated January 01, 2023 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard