Skip to main content

California Code, Government Code - GOV § 6304

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) The associate judge's report may contain the associate judge's findings, conclusions, or recommendations and may be in the form of a proposed order.

(b) The associate judge shall prepare a report in the form directed by the referring court, including in the form of:

(1) a notation on the referring court's docket sheet or in the court's jacket;  or

(2) a proposed order.

(c) After a hearing, the associate judge shall provide the parties participating in the hearing notice of the substance of the associate judge's report, including any proposed order.

(d) Notice may be given to the parties:

(1) in open court, by an oral statement, or by providing a copy of the associate judge's written report, including any proposed order;

(2) by certified mail, return receipt requested;

(3) by facsimile transmission;  or

(4) by electronic mail.

(e) There is a rebuttable presumption that notice is received on the date stated on:

(1) the signed return receipt, if notice was provided by certified mail;

(2) the confirmation page produced by the facsimile machine, if notice was provided by facsimile transmission;  or

(3) a printout evidencing submission of the electronic mail message, if notice was provided by electronic mail.

(f) After a hearing conducted by an associate judge, the associate judge shall send the associate judge's signed and dated report, including any proposed order, and all other papers relating to the case to the referring court.

Cite this article: - California Code, Government Code - GOV § 6304 - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard